PREPARE YOUR NAILS
- File and shape nails with a nail file.
- Soak your hands in warm, soapy water to soften your cuticles.
- Working on one hand at a time, gently push back cuticles so that nails have a clear surface to work on.
APPLYING YOUR GELICIOUS GEL
- Shake each bottle well before using.
- Apply a thin coat of gelicious PEEL-OFF GEL – BASE & TOP COAT. Cure for 10–15 seconds.
- Apply a thin layer of your favourite gelicious colour. Cure for 30 seconds.*
- Apply another thin layer of your favourite gelicious colour. Cure for 30 seconds.*
- Finish off with a thin layer of gelicious PEEL-OFF GEL – BASE & TOP COAT. Cure for 30 seconds.
*Please note gelicious SLEEP TIL NOON and BRISVEGAS will need to be cured for 60 seconds
- Take care to avoid touching the cuticle with the gel by leaving a small gap around the cuticle edge of the nail. This prevents your gels from lifting as your nails grow.
- When curing, ensure your nails are directly under the light and move fingers occasionally to ensure light reaches the side of all nails. If you are using the gelicious Best-selling Lamp or Travel Lamp you will need to cure your thumbs separately.
- Tidy up any mistakes BEFORE you curing. It will be more difficult to tidy up your nails once the gel is set.
HOW TO MAKE GELICIOUS LAST LONGER
- File the nail well to prepare. Nicks and rough edges can catch and once the gelicious top coat is chipped peeling can occur.
- Wash and dry your hands well – this removes oils and ensures longevity.
- Don’t moisturise before application. gelicious will adhere to the nail better when clean and free of oils. You can always moisturise after application.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Paint thin layers – wipe most gelicious off the brush before applying. Thicker applications are prone to peeling. Some colours will be more opaque with 3 thin coats. It is always preferable to apply 3 thin coats rather than 2 thicker ones.
- Straight edges – when painting the first coat on use the brush to create a straight edge around the nail. This takes more getting used to than you might think if you usually paint right up to the edges. Leave about a mm around the cuticle and edges of your nail so you get a good, clean edge that can be sealed in by the top coat. This gives a professional looking finish.
- Allow gelicious top coat to overshoot the edges of the colour coat, this creates a seal around the colour layers beneath.
- Wearing gloves when touching cleaning or other chemicals with gelicious on will extend wear – even when washing up.